Skip to main content

Situations where there are grounds for filing a complaint

Complaints may be filed with the CNESST and recourses exercised in a number of situations. Workers may file a complaint if they believe that their rights or the legislation enforced by the CNESST are not respected in their workplace. They may also express their dissatisfaction with services they have or have not received.

An employer, contractor, certified association, supplier or service provider may also file a complaint to denounce a situation of non-compliance.

Labour standards complaints

Workers may file a complaint if they believe that:

their employer has unfairly changed their status from employee to independent contractor or self-employed worker or if they disagree with this change

Pay equity complaints 

A pay equity complaint may be filed when:

When a disagreement arises during pay equity work that is done by a committee or by the employer in collaboration with a certified association, a pay equity dispute may be submitted.

Occupational health and safety complaints

An occupational health and safety complaint may be filed when:

Complaints related to the For a Safe Maternity Experience Program

Recourses are available following a decision rendered by the CNESST in relation to the For a Safe Maternity Experience Program. An application for a review or reconsideration of the decision may be filed. A pregnant worker may also contest the position she has been reassigned to.

Complaints concerning the contracting process 

A company or group of companies may file a complaint when a situation of non compliance occurs during a contracting process.

Compliants concerning the quality of the CNESST’s services

In general, you may file a complaint when you are not satisfied with the quality of services you have received from the CNESST.

Laws and regulations

Help us improve our website

Was the information on this page helpful to you?
Évitez d’inscrire vos coordonnées personnelles puisque que vous ne recevrez aucune réponse.