Volunteer construction workers
Volunteer workers may do construction work, but only maintenance or repair work such as:
- interior and exterior painting
- work related to interior surfaces such as flooring, walls or ceilings and their finishing
- work related to wood or plastic structures, such as finishing carpentry
- work related to interior doors or windows
- work related to cabinets and countertops
- work related to marble, granite, ceramics and other similar materials
Renovation work to improve or upgrade a building cannot be done by volunteers.
As with other volunteers, those who do construction work may put themselves in situations that endanger their health and safety. In order for a volunteer construction worker to be covered in the event of a work accident or occupational disease, the employer must apply for volunteer coverage.