At each pay, an employer must give workers a statement of earnings, commonly referred to as a pay slip.
The pay slip allows the worker to verify the calculation of their wages and deductions. It must include all the relevant information, such as:
- the employer’s name
- the worker’s name
- the job title
- the work period the payment is for
- the date of the payment
- the number of hours paid at the regular rate
- the number of hours of overtime paid or replaced by leave, with the applicable rate
- the nature and amount of the bonuses, indemnities, allowances or commissions paid
- the wage rate
- the amount of gross wages
- the nature and amount of the deductions made
- the amount of net wages paid to the worker
- the amount of tips reported by the worker or attributed to them by the employer
We have developed a tool that you can use to create a sample pay slip. After you complete a questionnaire, you will be given a personalized pay slip.