Reimbursement for medical aid
The CNESST reimburses medical expenses to workers who need medical aid following an employment injury. Medical aid covers:
- the services of health professionals (such as physicians, pharmacists, optometrists and dentists)
- care or treatment provided by a public health facility (such as hospitals, CLSCs, CHSLDs and rehabilitation centres)
- medicines and other pharmaceutical products
- orthotic and prosthetic devices
- care, treatment, assistive devices and expenses determined by the CNESST by regulation
Claim for reimbursement
As a worker, once your claim has been accepted, you may complete the Application for reimbursement of expenses form.
To be reimbursed, you must present supporting documents, such as an invoice, a receipt or a prescription.